How long it takes to receive the Local Welfare Provision (LWP)
Due to a high volume of applications, it is taking us longer than normal to reach a decision.
We normally make a decision within two working days. However, our current wait time for a decision is seven days. This is longer at times when we are receiving a lot of applications.
You will be told whether your application has been successful.
If you are successful, a pre-paid card will be sent to you by post. We will tell you when you will receive your card.
White goods and beds
We normally make a decision within 10 working days. However, our current wait time for a decision is 25 days. This is longer at times when we are receiving a lot of applications.
You will be told whether you have been successful. If you are successful, the supplier will contact you within five working days of the decision to arrange a date and time to deliver and install your new items.
Track your application
You can track your application through the application portal with the reference number you are given when you submit your form.
We know some users are experiencing problems with their reference number not being recognised. If this happens, please:
- check for capital letters
- check that you have entered the numbers and letters correctly
- try typing it again
If you need more help
If you need more help, or if you have been turned down for the LWP, there is other support available:
- Birmingham Warm Welcome Spaces
- Foodbank information and Birmingham Central Foodbank
- Help with your energy bills
- Birmingham and Solihull Women's Aid
- St Basil's Homeless Prevention
- Birmingham City Mission
- Cost of living support (Birmingham City Council)
- Cost of living support (GOV.UK)
Page last updated: 18 May 2023