Online forms unavailable

Due to essential maintenance, some of our online forms will be unavailable on Thursday 18 October from 6pm to Saturday 20 October 8pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Check if you should claim Universal Credit

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support are for people who need help towards paying their rent and council tax. 

Universal Credit is being rolled out across Birmingham between 8 November 2017 and 14 February 2018 and you may no longer be eligible for Housing Benefit. If you are unsure what to claim you can check below:

Please tell us about your circumstances:


Universal Credit claimants will still need to claim Council Tax Support stating that they ‘only wish to claim Council Tax Support’.

Our online benefits calculator can give you an estimate of how much benefit you may be entitled to.

rating button