Apply for the Local Welfare Provision (LWP)
Who can apply for LWP
To get help from the LWP, you must:
- live in Birmingham
- be aged 16 years or over
- not be an asylum seeker
- be allowed to claim public funds
Information you will need to give us
On your application form, you should tell us:
- your personal details
- your financial situation
- the reason you need help
- what help you need
- where else you have been for support
The form takes 30 to 45 minutes to complete. Each time you save the form, it gives you a new reference number to return to it. Keep a note of the reference number.
Your reference number will make sure you do not lose the information you have already completed. It will also allow you to track the status of your application once it has been submitted.
We are aware that some users are experiencing issues returning to a saved form. It is a good idea to complete the form in one go.
We will contact you after we have received your form.
Applying for somebody else
You can make an application for somebody else if they have agreed to it. You will need to tell us:
- some information about yourself and your contact details
- the personal details of the person you are applying for
- the financial situation of the person you are applying for
- the reason the person needs help
- what help they need
- where else they have looked for support
Generally, we will contact you, the requester, after we receive your form.
Page last updated: 3 April 2023