Help us get the customer experience right for you

We want to provide a customer experience that exceeds your expectations. Help us do this by completing our survey on the BeHeard website

Who will be affected?

You will still need to claim Housing Benefit if you:

  • live in supported accommodation or temporary accommodation, or
  • are of Pension Credit age

Households of working age who claim in work or out of work benefits will be affected when their circumstances change.

This includes:

  • Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit

You can find out more about moving on to Universal Credit and how to make claim on the GOV.UK website

If you are receiving Universal Credit and are liable to pay Council Tax, you will need to make a separate new claim for Council Tax support.

You can find more information about Council Tax Support and how to make a new claim on our website

How to claim for free school meals has not changed.

rating button