Industrial action - collections update

We apologise for the current disruption to collections due to industrial action by Unite the union. Find out the latest on the dispute and which areas we plan to collect bins from this week

Who can get Council Tax Support

The Council Tax Support scheme will provide 100% protection to the following claimant or their partner who is:

  • A pensioner
  • Entitled to a disability premium or disabled child premium
  • Entitled to Employment Support Allowance and who also receives a qualifying disability related benefit
  • Receiving a carer’s premium
  • Receiving a war disablement pension, war widows pension or war widower’s pension
  • Caring for a child dependant under 6.

Claimants of working age (other than those listed above) will now have to make a contribution themselves towards their Council Tax bill.

As Council Tax Support will be calculated as a means tested discount, the amount each household will have to pay towards their Council Tax will depend on their individual circumstances.

Apply for Council Tax Support

Read the information requirements on the page before you start your application. You must report any changes to your circumstances straight away.

Further information on the Council Tax Support scheme