Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice visit our budget information page

How to make an appeal

If you do not understand how we have made the decision on your Council Tax Support claim you can request a more detailed explanation. This must be done within one month of the date on your council tax bill.

You can challenge any decision we make on your Council Tax Support claim if you think that the entitlement or the amount awarded to you is wrong.

Complete an online form to challenge a Council Tax Support claim

If you still disagree with our decision, or you have not received a response within two months of your challenge, you can appeal to an independent body called the Valuation Tribunal. 

You can only appeal against a Council Tax Support decision, not the scheme itself.

If we agree that your Council Tax Support is wrong, we will send a new bill. If we decide it is correct, we will contact you giving a full written explanation.

rating button