Graffiti is illegal and can significantly increase people’s fears of crime and violence.
We remove graffiti from subways and recycling sites around Birmingham as quickly as possible. If the graffiti is racist or offensive we aim to remove it within 1 working day.
We will remove graffiti from your home for free providing it is below eye level.
Please note: We do not remove graffiti from private land.
Graffiti on commercial premises
Businesses wishing to request graffiti removal from their property should contact the Commercial Waste Section at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Graffiti within a council housing development
Instances of graffiti within a council housing development should be reported to Tenancy Estate Management.
Graffiti on 3rd party property
The council is not responsible for removing all graffiti. We do not remove graffiti from private land or property. The information below shows who to get in touch with when graffiti is at these locations.
- BT cabinets (painted green) - contact BT Openreach
- Virgin Media cabinets (painted grey) – contact Virgin Media
- Bus Stop/Shelters – contact Transport for West Midlands
- Electricity sub-stations – contact Western Power Distribution
- Canal side towpaths - contact Canal & River Trust
- Railway lines – contact Network Rail