Report a dog welfare concern
The Animal Welfare Act 2006 requires anyone who is responsible for a dog to look after it properly. This means not only protecting it from any suffering, but also ensuring that the animal’s needs are met, which are set out in the Act as;
- a need for a suitable environment
- a need for a suitable diet
- a need to be housed with, or apart from other animals
- a need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns
- a need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease
or contact Birmingham Dog Warden on 0121 303 6007.
You must provide your contact details in order that an officer can call you for more information. We are not able to investigate anonymous complaints and your details will be kept confidential.
Please contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999 or visit www.rspca.org.uk if your call is in relation to the welfare of other types of animals or if you need urgent assistance outside of normal office hours.
If you're a dog owner and are struggling to care for your dog, please contact us for help and advice. We can also provide details of local dog rescue organisations should you need to rehome your dog.