I've lost my dog
Losing a dog can be very worrying, but it's important to act quickly.
It's essential that your dog's microchip details are up to date. This can be done online or by phone.
Web - https://www.petlog.org.uk
Phone - 0844 46 33 999
Identibase (formerly Anibase)
Web - https://identibase.co.uk
Phone - 01904 487 600
Web - https://www.pettrac.co.uk/pet-owners/update-pet-microchip
Phone - 0800 652 9977
Web - https://www.protectedpet.com
Phone - 0800 077 8558
If you do not know which microchip company your dog is registered with, you can check online as long as you have your pet's microchip number.
or contact Birmingham Dog Warden on 0121 303 6007.
- If you lose your dog out of hours, please call 07500 553 000 (Birmingham only).
- Visit K9 Search or call 07988 433187. This is a local organisation dedicated to reuniting lost dogs with their owners.
- Contact Birmingham Dogs Home via their website or call 0121 643 5211. The dogs' home are the contracted stray dog kennels for Birmingham. We suggest you also visit their kennels.
- Contact your local vet - your dog may have been handed in.
- Contact the RSPCA on 0300 123 8585 - injured lost dogs are sometimes taken there.
- Contact any local animal rescue group in your area
- Call the police on 101 - they may have a record of sightings.
- If your dog has been stolen, you must call the police and get a crime reference number.
- Call the other councils close to your home if you live on the outskirts of Birmingham.
- Make a poster with a good photograph and take to local shops, pet shops, local vets, etc
Please ensure that you give accurate advice of what your dog looks like. Pedigree dogs are generally easy to recognise, but crossbreeds can be difficult.