Neighbourhood Advice and Information Service
If you need advice about back to work benefits, out of work benefits or accommodation, there is a wealth of information available online. Below you'll find a list of some of the most useful websites.
- www.birminghamadviceservices.org.uk/service-directory - A directory of providers offering advice on a range of topics, including managing your money, immigration and disability support.
- www.birminghamhousingoptions.org.uk – This Birmingham City Council website provides information and guidance in securing accommodation in Birmingham.
- www.gov.uk – This government website provides information on existing benefits and forthcoming changes to benefits and pensions. You can find out about financial and other support available, for example if you have a disability or you are a carer. It also includes a benefit calculator which can estimate what help you may be able to get and how benefits would be affected by a change in circumstances.
- www.birmingham.gov.uk/welfarereform - This Birmingham City Council web page contains information on new and forthcoming changes to benefits, such as the benefit cap and Universal Credit.
- aka.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/ - This HM Revenue and Customs website provides information on Tax Credits.
- www.dwp.gov.uk - This Department for Work and Pensions website contains information on existing benefits and forthcoming changes to benefits, pensions and jobs.
- www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk - Jobcentre Plus is part of the Department for Work and Pensions. It provides services that support people of working age from welfare into work, and helps employers to fill their vacancies.
- www.adviceguide.org.uk - This is an online self-help advice guide for benefits, debt, housing, consumer issues, immigration and tax.
If you are unable to resolve your enquiry online, we may be able to assist you over the phone with the following enquiries.
- Housing Benefit - 0121 464 7000 or visit www.birmingham.gov.uk/housingbenefit
- Council Tax - 0121 303 1112 or visit www.birmingham.gov.uk/counciltax
- Housing Advice - 0121 303 7410 or visit www.birminghamhousingoptions.org.uk
If we are unable to resolve your enquiry over the phone, you may be offered an appointment at a Customer Service Centre.