Newtown Housing Options Centre
Please be aware, due to COVID-19 we are providing the service for our Housing Options Centre in a different way. The centre will be closed to the public and moving to a telephone service.
Additional capacity has been added to our phonelines to ensure everyone who needs help gets the support they need.
We are asking that if you have got somewhere safe to stay, please remain where you are. If you need advice or if you are about to become homeless, please call 0121 675 5779 and support will be available to you by phone.
If you have nowhere to stay tonight then you will need to go straight to our Housing Options Centre. If you do have somewhere to stay tonight please do not attend the housing options centre without an appointment. You will not be able to get an appointment on the day.
If you and your partner are under 25 and have no children then you will need to attend the Young Persons Hub instead.
When you come to the office it will prevent delays if you bring all of the following information:
- Passport for each person in your household.
- Immigration papers if you are not a British Citizen.
- Full birth certificates for any children.
- Proof of any state benefits you receive such as job seekers allowances, family tax credits and child benefit.
- Proof of any income/earnings your household may have and details of your spending. This is to assess the affordability of any accommodation offered to you.
- Copies of any court documents such as possession order, bailiffs warrant etc.
- Copies of eviction notices, section 21, letter asking you to leave, etc.
- Copy of the tenancy agreement.
- Proof you have been living at the address you are homeless from.
Please be aware that the process for assessing your housing needs can take a very long time. Depending upon your circumstances and the outcome of your assessment you could be waiting in the office all day. You may spend a long time waiting to see someone and have to see more than one officer throughout the process. If you are offered accommodation it may take a long time for this to be found and you will have to wait at the office while it is found. If you do not have an appointment please seek assistance as early in the day as possible and ensure you come prepared for a long wait. This includes bringing food and drink and making childcare arrangements where possible.
Depending upon your circumstances we may not be able to offer you accommodation directly. Even if we can you may be waiting a very long time. Please consider all your other housing options. It is a good idea to look into all suitable options in case some do not work out.