What rights do I have about my data?

You have the right to request access to information about you that we hold.

To make a request for your personal information, contact our Data Protection Officer at:

The Data Protection Officer
Birmingham City Council
Victoria Square
B1 1BB

You also have the right to:

  • Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
  • Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
  • Object to decisions taken by automated means
  • In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
  • Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.

If you are concerned about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance.

Alternatively you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.

Where possible we will seek to comply with your request, but we may be required to hold or process information in order to comply with a legal requirement.

rating button