Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

Extra help with your housing costs / Council Tax

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) are for people who need extra help with their rent when Housing Benefit, Local Housing Allowance, or Universal Credit doesn’t cover the full amount.

If you are suffering severe financial hardship or your tenancy is at risk, you may be able to get a DHP to help.

The Government has set restrictions on how much money can be paid out in any financial year to fund DHP. The payments are made from a limited fund and are made as a short term measure for those experiencing difficult circumstances.

Please use this form for help with Council Tax costs also. A separate fund is available via the Council Tax Discretionary Fund. If additional support is required after you have been awarded Council Tax Support, please complete this form.

rating button