Local Housing Allowance
|Christmas and New Year - Housing Benefit Payments
We would like to notify you that Housing Benefit payments will be not be affected during the Christmas and New Year period. This means that you should receive your payment on time.
Local Housing Allowance is paid to people living in privately rented accommodation in order to help them pay their rent. It is usually paid direct to the person making the claim, but may be paid direct to the landlord in special circumstances.
- Department for Works and Pensions
- Gov UK
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- National Debtline
- Gov UK - information about working, jobs and pensions
- The Rent Service
- National Benefit Fraud Hotline
- HM Revenue & Customs – Tax Credits
- HM Revenue & Customs – Child Benefit