Paying Local Housing Allowance direct to your landlord
In some circumstances it may be better to pay LHA directly to the landlord rather than the tenant.
We must pay the landlord directly if:
- We have evidence that the a tenant is 8 weeks or more in arrears with their rent; or
- The tenant is having deductions made from Income Support or Jobseekers Allowance to pay rent arrears
We can also pay the landlord directly where we consider that a tenant:
- Is unlikely to pay their rent; or
- Cannot get access to facilities to get their LHA paid; or
- Cannot pay their rent because they cannot manage their own affairs
Landlords and tenants can read further information about LHA payments direct to landlords.
Please complete the downloadable application form for direct LHA payments.