Apply for a new dropped kerb or extension
Before you apply for a dropped kerb or extension, please check:
- Footway crossing installations will only be allowed where the frontage depth is a minimum of 4.75m (to any part of the property, including retaining walls, and so on). See page 1 What is a dropped kerb? Refer to photos for help with measuring.
- You have checked whether you need planning permission. See page 1 What is a dropped kerb?
- You have permission from the landlord or owner to park your vehicle on their land or build a driveway
- If you think you are eligible for a discount you have contacted the dropped kerb team
- Please ensure you have checked your requirements before submitting your application as it may not be possible to alter this after you apply
- The minimum requirements for an extension is 0.9m. This is the same length of a standard kerb
- Applications for extensions to existing footway crossings will be considered up to the maximum width allowed (4.5m or 5 lowered kerbs)
- Slope of hardstanding or driveway within property less than 1 in 10 either up or down
The application fee is £103 and non-refundable. Online payment is required during the application process by debit or credit card. Find out more about making payments online.
Once you have received your quote, you have 9 months to accept and pay in full from the date printed on the letter for the work to be scheduled.
Apply for a dropped kerb: begin now
Page last updated 19 April 2023