Apply for a new dropped kerb or extension
Before applying for a dropped kerb or extension please check that
- Your garden is at least 4.75m from the back of footway to the front of your building (see page 1 What is a dropped kerb? Refer to photos for help with measuring)
- You have checked whether you need planning permission (see page 1 What is a dropped kerb?)
- You have permission from the landlord or owner to park your vehicle on their land or build a driveway
- If you think you are eligible for a discount you have contacted the dropped kerb team.
The application fee is £95. Once the inspection has taken place, the fee will not be refunded.
We are currently unable to take payments over the telephone from a credit or debit card.
To pay your Dropped Kerb fees online via personal internet banking, your bank needs the council's:
- Payee details: Birmingham City Council
- Bank name: Barclays Bank plc
- Sort Code: 20-07-90
- Account number: 53552667
- Your reference number: Your reference number is RTH90V950 followed by the postcode location of the dropped kerb (no spaces).
Once you have received your quote, you have 6 months to accept and pay in full from the date printed on the letter for the work to be scheduled.