Pay for parking using your phone
You can pay for parking in most council pay and display car parks and on-street pay and display areas in Birmingham with your phone using our secure cashless payment provider Parkmobile. To sign up, register with Parkmobile online, download their mobile app or dial 0121 259 0066& and follow the instructions.
You’ll need your credit or debit card and your vehicle registration number when you register. You can register more than one vehicle.
How it works
All of our Pay and Display machines in Birmingham have 4 or 5 digit location numbers displayed on them.
Using the Parkmobile mobile app or calling 0121 259 0066, key in the location number when prompted, the number of minutes you want to pay for and select the vehicle you’re using. The correct charge will be deducted from your registered credit or debit card.
Don’t leave your vehicle until you have received confirmation that your payment has been accepted. Using your phone to pay for parking carries a small convenience charge per transaction.
Our Civil Enforcement Officers carry handheld devices that communicate with Parkmobile, so they’ll notice your parking has been paid for when they check your vehicle registration number.
Paying for parking with your phone offers greater convenience because:
- you don’t need to have change on you to pay for your parking
- you don’t have to display a parking ticket
- you can pay to extend your stay without having to return to your car (maximum stay restrictions may apply)
- you can see your parking history and receipts
- if you return to your car early you can end your parking session and reduce the charge (only full hours can be deducted from your total charge)
- SMS text message reminders (30p per text; message delivery depends on network coverage)
- manage your account, receipts and text settings on the Parkmobile app or on the Parkmobile website.
If you’ve forgotten your password
If you’ve forgotten your password please text “PARK LOGIN” to 66644 or request a new password on Parkmobile’s website.