Controlled parking zones
A Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) is an area where all on street parking is controlled. When you enter a zone there are entry signs to tell you restrictions apply there. Parking is only allowed in parking bays and yellow line restrictions apply everywhere else.
All on-street pay and display bays within Birmingham city centre can be paid for by either purchasing a ticket or paying by phone.
If you display your Blue Badge, parking is free at pay and display on-street parking bays (with no time limits).
- On street parking charges do not apply on Christmas Day, Good Friday and Bank Holidays
- VAT is not payable for on-street parking
NB In the event of a discrepancy, the charges and hours posted at the machine will apply.
Within a CPZ, permit holders can park in designated permit bays during the hours of operation
Other Controlled Parking Zones (outside of city centre)
- Humphrey Middlemore Drive, Selly Oak
- Chamberlain Gardens, Edgbaston
- Dale Road area, Selly Oak
- Woodleigh Avenue area, Edgbaston
- Roman Way, Harborne
- Resident Parking Schemes