Help with private renting
Local Housing Allowance (LHA) is Housing Benefit paid to people who live in private rented accommodation to help them pay their rent. It is usually paid to the claimant, but may be paid direct to the landlord in certain circumstances. The rates depend on how many people live in your household.
One bedroom is allowed for each of the following:
- Every adult couple (married or unmarried)
- Any other adult aged 16 or over
- Any two children of the same sex aged under 16
- Any two children regardless of sex aged under 10
- Any other child (under 16).