Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest information

Other ways to provide your evidence

Due to the current library closures

Documents to support Housing Benefit and Council Tax claims (Verification)

Please visit and select ‘Documents to support your claim’ where you will be able to upload this evidence, alternatively you can send them via post to

Benefit Service
Birmingham City Council
PO Box 8267
B4 7XF

If you are a Universal Credit claimant and not claiming Council Tax support you will not need to provide documents for verification.

Self employed

If you are self employed you will need to complete a self-employed claim form. You also need to provide a copy of your most recent income and expenditure accounts. If you do not have any prepared accounts or you have not been trading for a full year, you will need to fill part 3 of the form.

Most proof of documents will be returned to you by second class post, but those such as passports, driving licences, and marriage or birth certificates will be sent by recorded delivery.

Alternatively, documents can sent to the address below. 

rating button