Essential maintenance

Due to scheduled maintenance some of our forms and online payments systems will be unavailable between 8am and 9am on Tuesday 18 February 2020. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Other ways to provide your evidence

If you are asked to provide evidence, you can take them to the following locations:

Please check the opening times before you make your visit.

Acocks Green library Northfield library
Balsall Heath library Perry Common library
Birchfield library* Quinton library
Druids Heath library Shard End library
Erdington library* Small Heath library*
Frankley library South Yardley library
Hall Green library Sparkhill library
Handsworth library* Spring Hill library
Harborne library Walmley library
Kings Heath library Ward End library
Kings Norton library Weoley Castle library
Kingstanding library Yardley Wood library

*Libraries will  only scan original documents that require verifying.

Please note you will be asked to place non original documents/copies into the internal post box located in the libraries. This could take longer to process.

It would be quicker to post non original documents to the benefits service or to upload the copies online when you have completed a change of circumstances online form.

Self employed

If you are self employed you will need to complete a self-employed claim form. You also need to provide a copy of your most recent income and expenditure accounts. If you do not have any prepared accounts or you have not been trading for a full year, you will need to fill part 3 of the form.

Most proof of documents will be returned to you by second class post, but those such as passports, driving licences, and marriage or birth certificates will be sent by recorded delivery.

Alternatively, documents can sent to the address below. 

rating button