Coronavirus (COVID-19):

Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. It’s important to stay cautious and help protect yourself and others. Please continue to follow national government advice.

Customer Service Centre appointments

With effect from 20 March 2020, and until further notice, the council advice centres at Erdington, Sutton New Road, and Northfield, Ulwine Drive will not be able to offer a face to face appointment.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause but this decision has been taken with the health and safety of our customers and staff in mind.

We know that anyone can find themselves at crisis point for a number of different reasons.

Get help if you are struggling to put food on the table.

The council can still provide a comprehensive telephone advice service.

If you have enquiries about your Housing Benefit, Council Tax, Housing or other matters then please contact the council contact centre on 0121 216 3030.

If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless please telephone 0121 303 7410 or complete the ‘Housing Assessment’ form on the City Council website.

Documents to support Housing Benefit and Council Tax claims, (Verification)

Your online form will provide you with details of what evidence we require and how best to provide that evidence to us. You can return to your online form at any time using your form reference number.

For most claims and change in circumstances we do not require further evidence and your online form will automatically not request any further evidence from you.

Where possible we will use evidence you have previously supplied us or evidence you have provide to claim other benefits to verify your current circumstances.

If we have asked you to upload evidence you can do this, at any time, by returning to your online form.

If your online form has requested evidence and you have not been given the option to upload the evidence or are not able to upload the evidence then you should follow the guidance below:

If you are making a claim for council tax support only and you currently claim Universal Credit you will not need to provide us documents through the post.

If you are required to post evidence this should be sent to the address below:

Benefit Service
Birmingham City Council
PO Box 8267
B4 7XF

rating button