If you have not maintained or defaulted on the payment arrangement on the summons you will now be subject to further recovery action. This can be:
- an instruction to your employer to make deductions from your salary or wages
- a request to the Department for Work and Pensions to make deductions from your benefits
- the debt will be passed to Enforcement Agents and incurs cost of £75 and £235 for each liability order if they need to make a visit
- a request to the county court to place a charge on your property (if you own it) and interest can be applied on the balance owed.
- apply to the county court for a bankruptcy order and a further cost of at least £1270 will be incurred.
The final stage is a warrant of arrest being issued and exercising our right to a bring you in for a committal hearing.
This will incur further costs of £135 per warrant and £305 for all associated summonses. It is a very serious possibility you can be sent to prison for non payment of Council Tax.
For information on our Council Tax recovery process