Birmingham City Council section 114 notice updates

To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

Restrictions on fireworks

Shops that sell fireworks products must display a statutory retailer notice.

Download the statutory retailers fireworks notice

Retailers that sell fireworks all year round must have a storage licence and selling licence issued by West Midlands Fire Service. If you only sell fireworks during the periods below, you need a storage licence.

  • 15 October to 10 November
  • 26 December to 31 December
  • The first day of Chinese New Year and the 3 days before it
  • The first day of Diwali and the 3 days before it

You can apply for a storage licence online. To apply for a selling licence or other queries, contact West Midlands Fire Service using the contact details below.

Information about regulations, along with guidance around applying for a licence, is available on the Health and Safety Executive website.

rating button