Sustainability and the Green Commission
The Vision of the Birmingham Green Commission pulls together three key strands that will make Birmingham a leading green city:
- Planning framework and policy;
- Sustainable energy and CO2 reduction; and
- The green economy.
Birmingham has an ambitious target of a 60% reduction in total CO2 emissions by 2027, against 1990 levels.
- The Green Commission’s priorities are:
- To accelerate investment in how we heat and power the city;
- Create more local renewable energy;
- Improve the way we travel and get around; and
- Widen our investment in building energy efficiency programmes.
Visit the Green Commission’s Making Birmingham Greener website for further information.