Report odour pollution

You can report odour complaints such as:

  • chemicals
  • animal or human waste
  • decaying matter
  • musty or damp smells
  • burning

We cannot deal with cooking odours or smoking odours from domestic properties.

Start online report

Odour problems from homes

We can take action in cases where odours or fumes from a domestic property can be classed as a ‘statutory nuisance’. In order to be classed as a statutory nuisance we have to consider factors such as:

  • strength
  • duration
  • frequency
  • whether the nuisance would interfere with the ‘average’ person's reasonable enjoyment of their property

Gas leaks

If you can smell gas, contact the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999.

rating button