Report a road or pavement problem
While we carry out regular inspections of all roads in Birmingham, we know that potholes and other problems (such as uneven footways, damage to grass verges, raised or broken manhole covers, trip hazards and missing or broken kerb stones) may arise between these inspections, particularly when the roads have been subjected to freezing or exceptionally wet conditions.
We ask that you provide us with your contact details in case we need to ask you for more information. You can also receive status updates of your report by providing this information.
Please ensure you do not put yourself or anyone else in danger when obtaining details about the fault.
To investigate a pavement or road problem, we will need to know:
- An accurate location (including landmarks, house numbers or road junctions)
- A detailed description of the problem (eg pothole size, position in the road).
If you want to report weeds on pavements or highways, you can do this on our weed removal page.
Use the map below to start your report. The map will default to a 2 mile radius from Birmingham city centre, and you can:
- search by entering a post code or road name in the search button (include the property number if known)
- use the "find my location" circle underneath the zoom tabs to use your current location when making a report
- use the "plot new enquiry" tab and zoom in to choose the location manually
When you have marked the location on the map, use the "submit new enquiry" tab to begin completing the form.
You can add additional location information within the form once the mapping point has been submitted.
NB The map may not be displayed if you are using an older version internet browser (such as Internet Explorer 10 or earlier).