Report a traffic light, sign or signal fault

Traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, traffic signs and illuminated bollards are designed to control the flow of traffic on the roads and help keep motorists, pedestrians and cyclists safe when moving around our city.

If you’ve discovered a broken traffic light, sign, belisha beacon or illuminated bollard please report it to us. To investigate the issue, we will need to know:

  • An accurate location (including landmarks, house numbers or road junctions)
  • The ID number, usually found on a sticker or painted on the column (if available)
  • A detailed description of the problem (e.g. lights out, collision damage, timing issues).

Please ensure you do not put yourself or anyone else in danger when obtaining details about the fault.

We ask that you provide us with your contact details in case we need to ask you for more information. You can also receive status updates of your report by providing this information.

Report a traffic light, sign or signal fault

Unauthorised attachments

Flyposting on Street Furniture such as Pedestrian Guard Rails, Lamp Posts and Traffic Signs can be reported as an obstruction.

rating button