Report faulty or broken street lighting
We maintain a range of lighting intended to illuminate roads and pavements, including street lights and subway lighting. While we carry out routine inspections of these lights, we understand that problems may arise at any time; if you notice a light that is off, coming on at the wrong times, is too bright or too dull, or has any loose fittings, exposed cables or accident damage please let us know.
To investigate a street lighting problem, we will need to know:
- An accurate location (including landmarks, house numbers or road junctions)
- The ID number, usually found on a sticker or painted on the column (if available)
- A detailed description of the problem (eg light on during day).
Please ensure you do not put yourself or anyone else in danger when obtaining details about the fault.
We ask that you provide us with your contact details in case we need to ask you for more information. You can also receive status updates of your report by providing this information.
Flyposting on street furniture such as pedestrian guard rails, lamp posts and traffic signs should be reported on our flyposting page.
Use the map below to start your report. The map will default to a 2 mile radius from Birmingham city centre, and you can:
- search by entering a post code or road name in the search button (include the property number if known)
- use the "find my location" circle underneath the zoom tabs to use your current location when making a report
- use the "plot new enquiry" tab and zoom in to choose the location manually
When you have marked the location on the map, use the "submit new enquiry" tab to begin completing the form.
You can add additional location information within the form once the mapping point has been submitted.
If you have any difficulties in submitting your report using the map, please call us on 0121 303 6644.
NB The map may not be displayed if you are using an older version internet browser (such as Internet Explorer 10 or earlier).