Report a damaged street name plate
If you’ve noticed a broken or damaged street name plate, please report it to us.
Problems can include:
- The sign needs cleaning
- The sign has been knocked over/ leaning
- The face of the sign is missing
Street name plates are the wall-mounted or column-mounted signs that give the name of a street (and often the post code).
To investigate the issue, we will need to know:
- An accurate location (including landmarks, house numbers or road junctions)
- identifying features on the road such as a property address or street furniture number that the problem appears near to
- The ID number, usually found on a sticker or painted on the column (if available)
Please ensure you do not put yourself or anyone else in danger when obtaining details about the fault.
We ask that you provide us with your contact details in case we need to ask you for more information. You can also receive status updates of your report by providing this information.
Request new street furniture
Requests for new works i.e. additional signs will be considered but is dependant on funding.
Use the map below to start your report. The map will default to a 2 mile radius from Birmingham city centre, and you can:
- search by entering a post code or road name in the search button (include the property number if known)
- use the "find my location" circle underneath the zoom tabs to use your current location when making a report
- use the "plot new enquiry" tab and zoom in to choose the location manually
When you have marked the location on the map, use the "submit new enquiry" tab to begin completing the form.
You can add additional location information within the form once the mapping point has been submitted.
NB The map may not be displayed if you are using an older version internet browser (such as Internet Explorer 10 or earlier).