Report a damaged street name plate

If you’ve noticed a broken or damaged street name plate, please report it to us.

Problems can include:

  • The sign needs cleaning
  • The sign has been knocked over/ leaning
  • The face of the sign is missing

Street name plates are the wall-mounted or column-mounted signs that give the name of a street (and often the post code).

To investigate the issue, we will need to know:

  • An accurate location (including landmarks, house numbers or road junctions)
  • identifying features on the road such as a property address or street furniture number that the problem appears near to
  • The ID number, usually found on a sticker or painted on the column (if available)

If you are able to provide a photo, this will also be helpful.

Please ensure you do not put yourself or anyone else in danger when obtaining details about the fault.

We ask that you provide us with your contact details in case we need to ask you for more information. You can also receive status updates of your report by providing this information.

Report a street name plate fault

Unauthorised attachments

Flyposting on Street Furniture such as Pedestrian Guard Rails, Lamp Posts and Traffic Signs can be reported as an obstruction.

Request new street furniture

Requests for new works ie additional signs will be considered but is dependant on funding.

rating button