Our service contractors

Repairs, maintenance, gas servicing, and improvement works contractors

The two contractors we have appointed to manage Birmingham’s council homes are:

  • EQUANS (formerly ENGIE) who operate in the north, east and west of the city
  • Fortem (formerly known as Willmott Dixon) who operate in the south

Find out who the repair contractor is for your area

Cleaning and caretaking services

Our caretakers keep the communal or shared areas of high rise blocks of flats clean and tidy.

Our neighbourhood caretakers work on improving the neighbourhood and environment for residents in a number of areas across the city.

Our estate caretakers clean the communal or shared areas of high rise blocks and some low-rise blocks.

Some of our low rise blocks of flats are cleaned by a cleaning service contractor.

Noticeboards in lobby areas of blocks should display information about who your service is provided by, and who to contact if there is an issue.

There is a service charge for caretaking and cleaning.

Caretakers and cleaners working in your neighbourhood wear a uniform and always carry an ID badge. Our repairs contractors should also always be identifiable. Always ask to see ID if you are unsure.

Page last updated: 22 February 2023

rating button