Our online forms and systems

Some of our forms and systems will be offline between 7:00pm on Tuesday 23 April and 7:00am on Wednesday 24 April. Forms or payments submitted or made by phone after 8:30pm may not be received. To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

Contents insurance for council tenants and leaseholders

About the tenants content insurance scheme

We have worked with Royal & Sun Alliance to create a contents insurance scheme that's just for council tenants and leaseholders.

Prices start from £0.51 a week for upto £4000 contents cover, and will depend on you postcode. The cost will also include a transaction fee.

The cover has these benefits:

  • the option to pay for the insurance weekly, monthly or yearly
  • no excess payable on any claim
  • no minimum security requirements
  • fast and efficient claims service
  • new for old cover (except for household linen and clothing where an allowance is made for wear and tear)

You will be covered for:

  • fire, lightening, explosion, storm or flood
  • escape of water and/or oil from any fixed water or heating installation
  • theft or attempted theft
  • riot or vandalism
  • accidental damage to TVs, videos, mirrors and fixed glass in furniture
  • freezer contents
  • personal money in the home
  • theft and loss of keys
  • damage to interior decorations
  • accidental death cover.

Find out more about the Royal & Sun Alliance tenants contents insurance scheme

How to apply

If you are interested in taking out contents insurance with Royal & Sun Alliance, you can apply by phone: 0345 671 8172.

You can also get a quote and apply online on the Royal and Sun Alliance website.

How to make a claim

You can use the online claims portal to submit a claim and track its progress.

Make a contents insurance claim

Page last updated: 5 February 2024

rating button