Leasehold service charges
What is a service charge?
If you are a leaseholder you will have to pay an annual ‘service charge’ which covers services such as:
- management fees
- buildings insurance
- repairs and the reporting service
- the managing and maintenance of communal lighting, lifts or gardens
- cleaning and security
If you buy your home through Right to Buy we will give you an estimate for the cost of repairs and services for the first five years of your lease.
You may also have to pay ground rent.
Paying the service charge
You will be sent an estimated invoice in March. This must be paid within 28 days. We will send you a certificate of actual costs in September with:
- a credit note if you overpaid
- another invoice if you underpaid
To pay, call our 24 hours automated service on 0121 464 2001 and select option 3 for housing payments.
You will need:
- a touch tone phone
- a credit card or debit card
- your 12-digit rent payment reference number
If you do not pay the service charge you could lose your home.
To find out more about service charges, or how to pay in instalments, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 10 March 2023