Repairs leaseholders are responsible for

As a leaseholder, you are responsible for arranging repairs to your part of the building and gardens, including:

  • all internal parts of the home
  • fixtures and fittings in the home unless they belong to the council
  • cables, pipes and drains in the home or those that are only used by that home
  • glazing and external doors, locks or fasteners
  • any accidental damage

You do not need our permission to carry out repairs to the inside of your property. You must get written permission from us if you want to replace windows or make structural changes, such as removing a wall.

As a leaseholder, you may have to pay toward the cost of any repairs carried out by us. Find out more about your rights.

Page last updated: 17 February 2023

rating button