Finding private rented accommodation in Birmingham

Privately rented properties can be advertised:

  • online
  • in local newspapers
  • on noticeboards in supermarkets or other shops
  • through letting agents

Some websites advertise private rented accommodation. These include:

You can read more about the fees you may have to pay on the costs and charges page.

The Housing Solution and Support Service

The Housing Solution and Support Service (HSSS) works directly with private landlords. They aim to find housing for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.

They can help you with paying some of the costs associated with your housing. If you or your caseworker identify a private rented property that suits your needs, they can help with paying the deposit or rent in advance.

HSSS can also connect you with the Accommodation Finding Team, who specialise in locating housing in the private rented sector.

To be accepted into this scheme, you will first need to undergo a housing needs assessment to assess your housing needs.

Request a housing needs assessment

Page last updated: 13 November 2023

rating button