Birmingham City Council section 114 notice updates

To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

Finding furniture for your home

If you need help with things like:

  • furniture
  • white goods
  • food
  • clothing

then you may be able to apply for local welfare provision (LWP).

If you are struggling to buy furniture for your new home, there are charitable organisations that may be able to help you. These include:

You can also search for grants aid provided by charities in your local area through Turn2us.

Also, many people give away items they no longer need on online marketplaces, such as:

Birmingham City Council also has a Community Support Grant scheme. You can apply for this if you do not have the money to meet your or your family's immediate short-term needs. It can be used to buy items such as furniture or white goods.

Page last updated: 4 July 2023

rating button