Request private tenant advice
The council is working with landlords, agents and tenants to encourage responsible renting, to promote a positive image of private renting and to support good practice.
We provide information and advice to tenants on a variety of subjects including:
- Eviction or being asked to leave your home (Notice to Quit)
- Harassment from your landlord
- Rent and other charges
- Tenancy agreements
- Housing benefit
- Landlord responsibilities
- Ending a tenancy.
To give you the best advice we will usually need the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number and email address
- How many people you share your home with and how old they are
- The name, address, phone number and email address of the landlord
- Description of the property (such as house/flat, number of bedrooms)
- Date your tenancy began
- Types of repair issues and their location (such as mould growth in the bathroom)
- Details about your communication so far with the landlord on this matter, such as dates and summaries of phone calls and emails.
You need an online account to request tenant advice. Create an account if you don't already have one.