Missed bin collections

We are aware of an increase in the number of missed collections across the city. We want to reassure you that we are working hard to collect all outstanding collections as quickly as possible. Read more on reporting missed collections

Apply for a sex establishment licence

Sex establishments (such as sex shops or sex cinemas) must be licensed. We grant licences for either 6 or 12 months and they can be renewed. Please see the fees and charges page for further details.

Apply online

Apply online for a sex establishment licence

Apply in writing

To apply by email, complete the downloadable application form you need with a scan of your signature and email it to licensing@birmingham.gov.uk.  After we’ve received your application, a licensing officer will contact you to take a debit or credit card payment for the appropriate fee

To apply by post, print the downloadable application form you need, complete it and return it to the address below.  Please include a cheque or postal order for the appropriate fee with your postal application, made payable to 'Birmingham City Council'.

We aim to process applications within 28 days. If you haven’t heard from us within this time, please contact us.

Objecting to an application

If you wish to object to a sex establishment application, you must give written notice with your grounds for objection within 28 days of the application.

rating button