rating button
Apply for a new club premises certificate | Apply for a club premises certificate (Licensing Act 2003) | Birmingham City Council

Key announcements

Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. It’s important to stay cautious and help protect yourself and others. Please continue to follow national government advice. A heat-health alert has been issued by Public Health England. Follow our advice on dealing with a heatwave.

Apply for a new club premises certificate

A club premises certificate permits the supply of alcohol and regulated entertainment to members or guests in private clubs. Such clubs typically include:

  • working men’s clubs
  • the Royal British Legion
  • cricket clubs
  • rugby clubs
  • golf clubs
  • political party clubs

The full legal definition of clubs that qualify for this licence is detailed in the Licensing Act 2003.

You don’t need to renew a Club Premises Certificate unless it’s revoked, however annual fees do apply.

Charges for applying for a new Club Premises Certificate (and subsequent annual charges) are dependent on the non-domestic rateable value of your premises. Please see the fees and charges page for further details.

Apply online

Apply for a new Club Premises Certificate