You must have a premises licence if you want to use a premises to:
- provide late-night refreshment
- provide regulated entertainment
- sell or supply alcohol
The licence is necessary for both fixed and movable premises (a van, stall or vessel).
How to apply
When submitting your application you’ll need to provide:
- your details
- details of the designated premises supervisor (if applicable)
- a plan of the premises
- an operating schedule (e.g. licensable activities and the times they will take place)
- details of how you will promote the licensing objectives (e.g. door security to prevent disorder)
View the Home Office’s premises licence application guidelines for further details.