Apply for a sexual entertainment venue licence

You must have a licence to run a sexual entertainment venue.

Sexual entertainment venues typically stage entertainment such as:

  • lap dancing
  • pole dancing
  • table dancing
  • strip shows
  • peep shows
  • live sex shows

If your premises provides such entertainment less frequently than once a month you don’t need to apply for a licence.

You’ll also need to have a premises licence or club premises certificate if you want to sell or supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment or provide late night refreshment.

Licences are valid for 12 months and can be renewed. See the fees and charges page for further details.

Apply by email

To apply by email, complete the downloadable application form you need with a scan of your signature and email it to After we’ve received your application, a licensing officer will contact you to take a debit or credit card payment for the appropriate fee

We aim to process applications within 28 days. If you haven’t heard from us within this time, contact us.

Policy and Conditions

You must submit a copy of your application to the Chief Constable of West Midlands Police within 7 days of submitting the application to the Licensing Service:

Chief Constable
West Midlands Police
Lloyd House
Colmore Circus
B4 6NQ

rating button