Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice, visit our budget information page

Homes for Ukraine – move on funding

Guests preparing to move on from their sponsor or have moved into accommodation can access one-off payments of up to £3,000 to £4,000 to help with their move.


The move on funding grant is available for Ukrainian households who are:

  • being hosted under the Homes for Ukraine scheme in Birmingham 
  • only one application per household will be considered.  
  • application is linked to the property and not to the individuals in the group 

Applications outside of the above criteria may be considered discretionary based on individual circumstances and subject to our approval.

Funding available

  • If your household has up to 3 guests, you can get a maximum of £3,000 
  • If your household has 4 guests, you can get a maximum of £3,500 
  • If your household has 5 guests or more, you can get a maximum of £4,000 

The above limits are the maximum funding that can be claimed to secure a property and to get help with the initial starter pack.

What funds may cover

  • Holding deposit fee, rent deposit, rent in advance (up to a maximum of 3 months) and guarantor insurance 
  • Essential furniture, essential household items, (floor coverings if necessary) and white goods (such as fridge freezer, washing machine, cooker, bed and mattress) 
  • Reasonable moving costs (e.g. van hire)
  • Initial bills for energy and water only up to a maximum of 12 weeks 

How to apply

You can use the link below to find the application for the move on funding grant. The form also includes information on how to complete it.

Complete the application for the move on funding grant

The form can be viewed in English, Ukrainian, and Russian. To change the language of the form, choose from the dropdown above the form title, which automatically shows as 'English (United Kingdom)'.

More information

Page last updated: 31 January 2024

rating button