Key announcements

Our council tax and benefits online systems and forms may be unavailable on Saturday 21 May between 8am and 2pm due to planned maintenance. Details of how to offer support to Ukraine residents fleeing war, and where to find information and advice are on our City of Sanctuary webpage

Getting married

Places to get married or form a civil partnership

Possible places include:

You may or may not have to give notice dependent upon your chosen venue.

Couples planning to marry or form a civil partnership abroad should visit the "getting married abroad" pages on the government's website. This is a useful tool to help couples identify what they need to get married in each country.

For ceremonies in a Church of England church, contact the relevant church as you may not need to give notice dependent upon immigration or marital status.

For all other venues including other religious buildings provided one or both parties are resident in Birmingham, please complete our marriage or civil partnership enquiry form to arrange a notice appointment

rating button