rating button
Register a civil partnership | Birmingham City Council

Register a civil partnership

If you live in Birmingham and wish to register a civil partnership, you must first give notice of your intention to form a civil partnership. You must give at least 29 days, but not longer than 1 year, before your ceremony.

To give notice you will need to have booked a venue for your ceremony. Possible places for your ceremony include:

If you want to register a civil partnership abroad, contact the country’s embassy in the UK.  They will tell you which documents you need. For further information, please see Gov.UK’s guidance on getting married abroad.