Request private tenant advice
We can help you with advice about:
- eviction or being asked to leave your home (Notice to Quit)
- harassment from your landlord
- rent and other charges
- tenancy agreements
- Housing Benefit
- your landlord’s responsibilities
- ending a tenancy
You can contact us for advice by email at email@example.com
As well as the details of your issue, we need to know:
- your name, address and phone number
- the number of people you live with and how old they are
- your landlord’s name, address, phone number and email address
- the start date of your tenancy
- details of any communication with your landlord about the problem benefit – this could include emails or notes of phone calls
You may find it useful to read the advice we provide to landlords about their responsibilities when they rent out a property.
Read about private renting on Shelter's website.
Help with heating your home and saving energy
You may be eligible for advice and assistance to help you to heat your home.
We also have guidance on making your home more energy efficient.
Page last updated: 23 March 2023