Key announcements

Some of our online forms may be unavailable on Tuesday 23 July between 7:30am and 8:30am. We are still working hard to collect all outstanding missed collections as quickly as possible. Read more on reporting missed collections

Japanese knotweed and other invasive weeds

Japanese Knotweed grows in most parts of the country, including Birmingham. Japanese knotweed is such a damaging plant that it is controlled by law. It is illegal to allow this weed to spread. Find out how to identify, control and dispose of Japanese knotweed.

If you are a Council tenant and have knotweed in your garden, please contact your local housing team for advice.

If you see Japanese knotweed or any other invasive weed in a Birmingham park or open space, please report it. 

Report Japanese knotweed or other invasive weeds

rating button