The Landscape Practice Group
We work on projects on Council-owned land and also work in partnership with external clients such as schools, housing associations and private developers.
Occasionally LPG takes on commissions from other clients where it is in the interests of the Council to do so.
LPG employs professional Landscape Architects and Clerk of Works and is a registered practice with the Landscape Institute.
Our services include:
- environmental survey and assessments
- landscape planning and evaluation studies
- production of environmental design guides
- landscape masterplan production
- detailed hard and soft landscape design and specification
- urban design
- contract and tender documentation
- landscape clerk of works service
- project management and control
- landscape management and after care specification
- advice on the conservation and restoration of historic landscapes
Our project work includes:
- large scale civic design and pedestrianisation
- restoring the city's historic parks and gardens
- new urban parks and country parks
- public/private sector housing - new and regeneration projects
- special care homes for the elderly and children’s care homes
- recreation projects including all-weather sports pitches
- village greens and local centres
- public art and sculptural projects
- schools and sports facilities
- transportation projects including highways and cycle routes
- new cemeteries and burial ground refurbishments
- burglary reduction schemes
- section 106 negotiations on behalf of local services
- heritage lottery funding applications and monitoring.
- partnerships with voluntary and private sector agencies