Scheduled maintenance

Some of our online forms and systems for Council Tax, Benefits and Business Rates will be unavailable from 6:00pm on Friday 31 March 2023 until Saturday 1 April 2023 for planned maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience. You can find help with accessing grants, useful advice and money that you may be entitled to by visiting our cost of living support page

Contact us about your bin

If you have any questions about your bin, please contact us using the waste general enquiry form.

Common questions include:

  • asking for a bigger bin if you have a household of more than 6 people or you have started producing clinical waste
  • asking for an extra recycling bin
  • asking about payment for waste services
  • where you should put your bin for collection
  • asking for bins for a new-build property

You need an online BRUM account to use this form. Create a BRUM account if you do not already have one.

Waste general enquiry form

If you need a new bin or pod

You need an online BRUM account to request a new bin or pod. Create a BRUM account if you do not already have one.

We are currently experiencing delays of up to 6 weeks for pod deliveries. Please place cardboard for recycling in a neat pile next to your recycling wheelie bin. You can put it in a cardboard box to keep it tidy.

Request a new bin or pod

Damaged bins

If the bin collection crew has damaged your bin or pod, they will leave a tag on the bin telling you this. They will tell us about the damage, and we will provide you with a new bin. You do not need to report it to us.

If you have damaged your bin, you must report it to us using the request a new bin or pod form.

Leave your damaged bin or pod at the front of the property, where it can easily be seen by our crew.

Until you receive your new bin, you should put out your bin bags for collection.


We will not charge you for:

  • replacing a broken bin when you can give us the broken one
  • new recycling wheelie bins, inner pods and recycling boxes
  • replacing a bin that we have damaged

There is a £20 charge:

  • to replace a missing household or garden waste bin
  • for providing bins that are missing in a previously occupied property

Page last updated: 8 December 2022

rating button