Report a missed bin or sack collection
Please accept our apologies for not collecting your waste on time. Waste collections are operating, however due to some staff having to self-isolate, there may be some disruption to service delivery. If your collection has been missed, you can report this to us using the form below and we will endeavour will pick this up as soon as we are able to. Please leave your bins presented at the edge of your property to avoid the footpaths becoming obstructed. If we are unable to make a collection before the next scheduled date, a reasonable amount of side waste will also be cleared.
Thank you for your continued support, whilst we work hard to provide the best service we are able to under some very difficult circumstances.
To report a missed bin or sack collection:
- Check your collection day.
- Only report a missed collection after 1:30pm, providing you have put your bin/sack out before 5am on your collection day.
- Only leave additional waste to the side of the bins if it is the result of previously reported missed collection. We will however collect a reasonable amount (no larger than the body of the bin) of neatly bundled cardboard left next to your recycling wheelie bin, if it will not fit in the paper pod.
- Put your rubbish / recycling in the correct container. We will not empty your recycling bin if it contains garden waste. Instead our crew will leave a tag on your bin which explains why it wasn't collected. This is not a missed collection.
- You will need a BRUM account to report a missed collection. Create an account if you don’t already have one.
Alternatively you can dispose of your refuse and recycling at the city's household recycling centres.
If you would like to report a missed clinical waste collection please visit our clinical waste section.