Report a missed bin or sack collection
Please accept our apologies for not collecting your waste on time. If you have already reported your missed collection either online or via the telephone and your waste has not been collected within 2 calendar days, please take it back onto your property and we will collect it on your next scheduled collection day together with a reasonable amount of side waste. If you are notifying us of a new missed collection, please continue to report this below.
To report a missed bin or sack collection:
- Check your collection day.
- Only report a missed collection after 3:30pm, providing you have put your bin/sack out before 5:30am on your collection day.
- Only leave additional waste to the side of the bins if it is the result of previously reported missed collection. We will however collect a reasonable amount (no larger than the body of the bin) of neatly bundled cardboard left next to your recycling wheelie bin, if it will not fit in the paper pod.
- Put your rubbish / recycling in the correct container. We will not empty your recycling bin if it contains garden waste. Instead our crew will leave a tag on your bin which explains why it wasn't collected. This is not a missed collection.
- If you live in a flat or apartment, the online service cannot always be used. You can report the missed collection against the block name instead of the flat/apartment number. If reporting this is unsuccessful, please contact us by telephone 0121 303 1112 to report the missed collection.
- You will need an online account to report a missed collection. Create an account if you don’t already have one.
Please do not make duplicate reports about the same bin being missed, as this may lead to a delay in your bin being collected.
Alternatively you can dispose of your refuse and recycling at the city's household recycling centres.