Waste is generally considered hazardous if it is harmful to humans or the environment.
Examples of hazardous waste include:
- chemicals, eg brake fluid or print toner
- oils (except edible ones), eg. car oil
- equipment containing ozone depleting substances, eg. fridges
- hazardous waste containers
If you find hazardous or toxic waste in a public place, contact us immediately
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on 0121 303 1112
Please be ready to give us as much information as possible, including the exact location of the waste.
Hazardous waste in or on commercial premises
If you find hazardous waste or toxic waste in or on commercial a premises, please contact the Environment Agency on 0870 850 6506.
Hazardous household waste
Hazardous household waste includes things such as:
- fence treatment
- garden chemicals
You can take small amounts (up to six 2.5 litre containers) to your local household recycling centre, provided they are stored in containers and you can transport them safely.